Policy for responsible gambling
At Redbet we believe that sports betting, poker and casino games should be played for fun and entertainment. However, we also realize that gambling can be addictive and that there is always a risk that you can gamble too much.
When a gambler loses the sense of fun that casual gambling is meant to generate it means that he has a problem. He may begin to look at gambling as a way to make money or worse still he keeps on gambling to try and win back money he had previously lost. He often believes that he has special luck or abilities or that his luck may be about to change. When you gamble not just for that rush and you find yourself chasing losses and betting more, the result is a vicious circle of increasing losses and increased betting to recover the losses.
Responsible Gambling Tips
For many people gambling is exciting and entertaining. They make careful decisions about how to spend their time and money, where to go and how to have fun.
Here is how you can control your gambling:
- Decide on a loss limit ahead of time and stick to it
- Low-risk gambling is a way of playing with very little chance of losing control. The key to low-risk gambling is to realize that "it's only a game."
- Never borrow money to gamble
- Set a time limit
- Take frequent breaks
- Balance gambling with other activities
- Don't gamble when highly stressed, depressed, intoxicated or troubled in some other way
- Only gamble with money set aside for entertainment, never with money for everyday expenses
You can realize you have a problem:
- If you are leaving your family alone for long periods of time, in order to gamble
- If you arguing frequently with your partner about spending too much time and money on gambling and find that you cannot stop or limit yourself.
- If you are gambling family money needed for rent/mortgage, schooling, medical purposes, groceries, clothes, or heat.
- If you feel you have to gamble to get to spend time with people you understand?
- When you are with your family, at work or at social events, you find that your are constantly thinking about your next bet
- If you look at gambling as a way of making money fast.
If your answer to any of the above is "YES" then we suggest that you take action immediately BEFORE it becomes a worse problem. There are many organizations that may help you to control your problem such as:
Actions to take
If you think you have a serious gambling problem you should take the necessary steps to temporarily suspend your account until you resolve your issues. Full details of how to get in touch with us can be found on our contact page.
Should you not wish to suspend your account but just better control your gambling times and spending you may choose to place limits on your deposits, bet amounts and even session times. You can set your own limits and determine how much you can play.
For your benefit you will not be allowed remove any restrictions placed on your account or bets until a minimum period of seven days has elapsed from when you created the limitation. Increase in restrictions will be effected immediately.
Support-line for gambling addicts (run by Gamcare UK)
- Helpline (international): +44 845 6000 133
- Helpline (from the UK): 0845 6000 133
- Website: www.gamcare.org.uk
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.gamblersanonymous.org
Redbet will endeavour to make a Player’s experience with us an enjoyable one. However, there may be occasions where a Player feels dissatisfied with the quality of our product/s or our customer service. A Player may raise a complaint by sending an e-mail to our Customer Service at: email@example.com
We will endeavour to handle complaints within 48 hours of receiving them.
A complaint shall be deemed to have been submitted in a valid manner when it contains clear information regarding the Player’s identity and gives all relevant details giving rise to the complaint.
If you are not content with the Gaming Operator’s handling of your complaint, and you are a UK resident, you may submit your complaint to eCOGRA using their ADR service. A process description of the eCOGRA ADR service is available here.
If you are not content with the Gaming Operator’s handling of your complaint, and you are not a UK resident, you may submit your complaint to Malta Gaming Authority at firstname.lastname@example.org (in respect to all matters except; Poker by OnGame and the Live Casino).
Preventing Underage Gambling
It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to gamble. Redbet/Whitebet/Heypoker takes its responsibilities to prevent access by persons under the permitted age very seriously. We make it perfectly clear in our Terms and Conditions and in the account registration process that underage gambling is illegal. We reserve the right to carry out verification checks to ensure that all account holders are at least 18 years old and may suspend an account until adequate verification is received.
If you feel that you need an activity control to monitor your playing, simply contact our support. After 60 minutes of playing a pop-up window will appear, showing how much you have wagered the last hour. You will then be asked to confirm wether you would like to continue playing or not.