- Developer: Play’n Go
- Launch year: 2017
- Available on: desktop, tablet (Android, iPad), mobile phone
- Highest stake: 100.00
- Lowest stake: 0.25
- Progressive jackpot: no
- Number of wheels: 5
- Number of rows: 3
- Number paylines: 25
- RPQ (Repayment Quota): 96.17%
- Highest winnings: 300,000.00
- Developed for: Japanese festival theme
The Japanese love their festivals, joyous and colourful occasions known as Matsuri, with plenty of fireworks, masks and festival food, often related to a local deity. Play’n Go takes you to one of these exciting events with their funfilled Matsuri slot. This casino slot is played over 5 x 3 reels with 25 fixed paylines and a 96.17% RTP.
Play’n Go are known for superb graphics in their slots and Matsuri continues this tradition. In true festival style, it has free spins, expanding and wandering wilds and a fun game scooping up goldfish for bonus wins.
- Glowing paper lantern is the wild
- Festival mask is the scatter
- Swimming goldfish is the bonus symbol
- Three lovely Japanese kimono-wearing ladies are higher-paying symbols
- Festival food, a fan and hair decoration are lower-paying symbols
Matsuri bonus, free spins and jackpot
The game opens with a fireworks display that sets the tone and pulse of this Matsuri slot. The lantern wild can appear on any of the 5 reels, and when it does, it can substitute for other symbols bar the scatter, creating winning combos. At max bet, five lanterns also bring the glorious payout of £4,000. Three or more elegant festival masks anywhere on the reels can initiate eight free spins, and for every mask that lands during the extra spins you get two more spins added, up to a total of twenty. In this bonus round, the wild behaves a little differently.
Land a wild during the free spins and watch it grow into a lamp banner that expands to cover the reel; then, it stays on the screen, moving one reel over to the left each spin until it disappears. Three swimming goldfish trigger the bonus game, Kingyo Sukui. This is a popular and fun Matsuri game where, using a paper spoon, you try to collect as many fish as you can before the spoon breaks. Every fish can bring a rewarding prize and the chance to win up to 500x your bet. Ready to play at the Japanese festival?
How to play Matsuri
- Head to the paytable ‘i’ to learn the symbol values and bonuses
- More information available under game rules ‘?’
- Select your bet range from £0.25 to £100
- Select autoplay for automatic spins
- Click spin to play manually